Sunday 29 July 2012

What Charli Wore - Outfit of the Day

A year or so ago, I religiously followed a blog called What Katie Wore - A site run by Katie and her partner Joe, starting with a bet between them that Katie couldn't wear a different outfit every day for a year - turns out she could, and the blog continued after that year, with a daily update of Katie's amazing style (comments on each outfit by Joe).
I thought the blog was such a lovely idea, and I delighted in seeing what outfit Katie had worn every time I visited the site. As time went on, I visited less frequently, though today, following a conversation with my friend/manager Katy (different Katy!) about a project she used to do (more on that later) I decided to see what Katie and Joe had been up to. I was met with an image (from January - it's been a long time) entitled "What Katie Wore: The End!" explaining that on the third anniversary of What Katie Wore, they were 'retiring from the blogging game' - I responded to this with a slightly too loud 'NOOOO' and made the decision there and then to, in homage to WKW, start (or at least try) to track what I've been wearing.

Now, I'm far from a fashionista, and I hope this doesn't come across as a totally vain task - I just fancied pushing myself a little out of my 'all black and nothing else' comfort zone.
We moved house nearly a month ago, I have SO many clothes that are still packed, and I'm probably only wearing about 10% of what I own - granted, a lot of my clothes don't fit me anymore, but my biscuit/bread addiction is a tale for another day, and I'm going to attempt to lose weight in order to get a smokin bod back - so this task is to force myself to utilise my vast wardrobe. I work in a vintage clothes shop for goodness sake, yet I spend most of my time in oversized band tshirts and leggings.

Anyway, Katy (friend/manager) has a blog called 'I Get Dressed In The Morning' -on which she documented her outfits of the day and, having neglected it for a while, was discussing taking it back up again, which spurred my 'Outfit Of The Day' idea even more.

Today, of course, I wore black. Lots of it. But I had animal print socks on to make up for it. Hopefully OOTD posts in the future will be a little more exciting, but this is the whole point of the exercise :)

Here I am - ignore the dorky face!




I'm wearing:
Oversized, bat wing top from Zara
Black skirt and leggings from H&M
Fake Creepers from eBay
Socks - a christmas present!

Jewellery:
Silver ring from Leeds Market
Gold and brown ring - a birthday present from Miles' lovely sister Phebe
Gold studded bracelet from eBay
Necklace from a market in Spain
-I'm not one to usually mix gold and silver, but I didn't really pay attention this morning!

Well. That's it for today, I can't promise future OOTD posts will be particularly stylish, but I promise to try and include more colour!
Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend
XO

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see all these!!

    i wish i had enough clothes to wear something different every week!

    chloexx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks lovely, I'm sure I won't manage to wear something different all the time, but it's definitely worth a try.

      xoxo

      Delete