Tuesday 31 July 2012

Handpicked Handmade Vol.3

An OOTD post is unlikely today since I am spending my day off in my pj's because I feel totally rubbish.
If you really want to picture what I look like - hair up, glasses on, tracksuit bottoms, an enormous hoodie and some crumbs from the toast I just ate - VOGUE.

Instead, I thought I'd do a new Handpicked Handmade. It's been a while since I did my last one as I've been lacking in inspiration for a theme, however, I felt a nod to my previous Strange Magic post was necessary, so decided on a white witch collection. Please bear in mind I really only have an aesthetic interest in this, so if I am including things that have nothing to do with white magic, I don't mean to offend, I just imagine they would look delicious together.

Here are my picks:

Rose Quartz Sphere from MagickallyMade

This natural rose quartz sphere from MagickallyMade is delicious - it is believed to 'dispell negativity and amplify the energy of this sphere making it extremely powerful in matters of the heart' - sounds good to me!


Belladonna Talisman Pendant from Witchcrafts Artisan Alchemy

No white witch is complete without a talisman - this beautiful pendant, from Witchcrafts Artisan Alchemy, contains Belladonna (or Deadly Nightshade) - When a necklace comes with warnings (its contents are poisonous) you know it is serious, so perhaps not a purchase for a part time witch, but delighful on the eye nonetheless!


Oracle Tarot Deck by Lisa Chow

These Tarot cards are the artists personal take on a traditional set. Illustrator Lisa Chow has put an awesome spin on this deck (and her other work is adorable too - definitely worth a look!) and as interpreting my own designs of a tarot deck is something I have been considering doing myself (though seeing these, they will put mine to shame) - I was drawn to these over many others I found on etsy.


Signature Candle from The Magickal Cupboard

Did someone say sparkly candle? This is The Magickal Cupboard's Signature candle and, despite lusting after every single one of the candles in their shop and finding it hard to choose just one, this is 'kissed With Enchanting Magickal Dust'! I love the effort that goes into hand-pouring and hand-dripping candles, and the result is just lovely!


Amethyst Crystal Pendulum Necklace from Mystarrrs

I am so in love with this Amethyst crystal pendulum necklace. There are plenty of crystal pendulums on etsy, but this has to be my favourite. I love the simplicity of the necklace, which can be found in Mystarrrs shop, and with amethyst being known to provide a calming and protective energy, I think I might just invest!

Bison Leather Book from Coco's Creations

If you're looking for somewhere to keep your spells, stop the search! This leather bound book from Coco's Creations has an adorable ceramic button sporting a dragonfly and is one of the smaller books in her shop, so is perfect for a witch on the go! Forget your moleskins, you need a bison leather journal.



There were about 50 more items that I 'favourited' on etsy for this Handpicked Handmade, but I had to cut them down so I didn't get carried away - it was mainly candles if I'm honest...
That's it for now, I'll be back with an OOTD when I don't feel/look so rough.

Hope you liked it!
xo

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to thank you for including my necklace on your AWESOME blog!! You are too sweet, and I sincerely appreciate it!

    <3 Mystarrrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome!
      It's so gorgeous, and definitely on my 'to buy' list <3 xo

      Delete