Wednesday 25 April 2012

Strange Magic

It seems most of my posts are inspired by one image and result in me rambling on about it. This is no different I'm afraid.
I found this and I LOVE it.


It has a serious Glinda the Good Witch vibe and ever since I cast my first 'love' spell at primary school I've been into anything a little bit witchy.
(For the record, I can't remember who the unlucky receiver of my attention was, but the spell involved a ribbon, some petals, an envelope and something I'd read in mizz magazine)
I had a 'Charmed' spell book that I liked to carry around like an awesome pre-teen witch, loved Willow in Buffy and, in my slightly more 'angsty' days (well, I thought I was angsty, in reality, I was the least angsty teenager ever to have existed) I was introduced to The Craft.
Although I'm sure I'll do a post about my Nancy/teen witch/black magic interests, this is more about the lighter side of it all.

I made a new Polyvore set (I know, I'm obsessed) inspired by the picture above and a couple more -  it's pretty much a 'dress like a white witch' collection, which for me, is all about lace, layers and over accessorising. I guess, unsurprisingly, it has a virgin suicides-esque look, just with more jewellery!
A toned down look inspired by this is perfect for summer, so hopefully, if the rain EVER STOPS, I'll be able to fulfill my witchy flower girl desires and make love potions for Miles (a pint of Guiness or a raspberry Ribena probably) in my floaty garms...
Polyvore Set by charlixo

I will leave you with a few more white witch vibes...










xo

1 comment: