Saturday 14 April 2012

Light & Magic

I thought I would create a blog, away from tumblr, where text posts are generally a no go, so I could waffle a bit and not really worry about anyone seeing. I type like I think, so if you do read this, apologies in advance.
Apparently, I created a blog (with one whole post) about 3 years ago that I had totally forgotten about - it was quite sweet to read what had been going on and to see just how much has changed (all in all, for the better) but now, for a fresh start.

This post, really, is just to talk about how brilliant an editorial I came across on fashiongonerogue is, but more of that in a second...

Of late, I'm feeling the need to be more of a girl and embrace my inner hippie - spring/summer is the perfect excuse to dust off my flower accessories and rock something other than black, black, studded things and black. I can't promise this will last long, but while I'm inspired by editorials and styling such as this, I will live out my flower girl dreams.
I wore a flower crown today, it's a start...

Quick back story:
Since first reading Jeffrey Eugenides' The Virgin Suicides, and seeing it portrayed so deliciously in Sofia Coppola's 1999 film, I've been a little obsessed. The movie was so beautifully shot, and although it misses out some parts of the book that I would have liked to see included, aesthetically, I fell in love.
I'm sure I'll write a whole post about why I love it so much one day but in summary -
I've always been a total sap and find the smallest things romantic (including the tragic) so the hazy lighting, 70's styling and a soundtrack that is a veritable feast for the ears made for a perfect film in my eyes.
Just LOOK at it. Ugh.

Also, recently, I was introduced to 'The Style Rookie'- a blog run by 15 year old Tavi Gevinson - the most undeniably cool 15 year old ever to exist, with a blog so beautiful, it makes me weep a little. Tavi shares my love for The Virgin Suicides (rightly so, she has excellent taste) and her posts, along with a few recent happenings in my personal life, have inspired me to blog a bit!

I have a pinterest account which works as a scrapbook of things I love, but here, I can add a little (ok a lot) of text explaining these loves.

Waffle over.

This editorial, called 'Light & Magic' (the name alone got me) shot by Antia Pagant pretty much summed up my recent flower girl desires crossed a little with my eternal Virgin Suicides love (hazy lighting, lace, romance with a hint of tragedy...) oh and the model has freckles and a bit of a Dominque Swain in Lolita vibe (more on that another time)... so take a look:
(all images from fashiongonerogue.com)








No comments:

Post a Comment