Thursday 27 September 2012

12 Week Challenge


Today I rejoined weight watchers.

It was just over a year ago that I stopped tracking my points and trying to lose weight and finally I decided to start again.
I only did weigh watchers for 6 months (if that) and lost nearly 2 stone but I got lazy and figured I could maintain the weight on my own (I have zero willpower when it comes to food and am terrible at exercise so I was very wrong).
Needless to say, the weight slowly crept back and, according to the horrifying chart that has kept my details from last time, I've nearly put all the weight I lost, back on. (Nice one.)

I haven't always struggled with my weight, I'm very tall and that's usually quite handy if you gain a couple of pounds because no one notices. I used to be a lot skinnier (and obviously, being a young girl, thought I was fat) but age and medical issues (that's a whole other story) caused me to gain considerable weight in a very short period of time. I finally decided to get off my sizable behind and do something about it last year and was so impressed with the results.
Old clothes fit me, I felt healthier and, unlike every other diet I've tried, (slimfast I'm looking at you) I wasn't hungry and actually quite enjoyed myself!
Tracking your points with weight watchers is super easy, you can get an app for your phone which helps calculate the points of pretty much everything and because I'm too shy to go to meetings, I can do it all online. It's a healthy, non crash-diet way of losing weight and they give you heaps of advice at every stage of the process.

So, having got up (for the second time) off my derriere, I'm setting myself a challenge.

There are 13 weeks (ish) left of 2012 and I am giving myself 12 of them to lose a stone.
I currently have no plans for New Years Eve, but I am going to find a delicious dress in a smaller size and aim to get into it in time for the countdown.

Being honest with myself, I'm probably not going to go to the gym very often, so this will mainly be down to dieting/general healthier eating, but I didn't go to the gym once last time and lost so much, I have faith!

I've always carried quite a lot of junk in my trunk, to put it nicely, but I don't mind that - it's my belly, arms and chins (plural) that I want to sort out now! Ideally, I'd have tiny legs and the same size bum as I do now, but that's never going to happen (and I don't think I'd balance very well) so a few inches lost from my thunder thighs would be a success.

I have to weigh in every Thursday for weight watchers so am going to attempt to track my weekly progress on here as well - knowing people will see it will push me even more to lose the weight!

I won't be divulging my exact weight because I am a little embarrassed, but I'll post about how much weight I've (hopefully) lost and maybe some progress photos too.
I've taken some 'before' photos but for fear of making people throw up, I'm not going to post them all.
Here is an unflattering, but honest picture of me now. I'm ill and tried to take a picture in something form fitting (so would usually make more of an effort...) but in 12 weeks, I'll take a picture in the exact same outfit and hopefully there will be a difference! I know I'm no Rik Waller but still...

Week 0:

If anyone has any weight loss tips (to do with, or separate from, weight watchers) let me know, and if anyone fancies joining in with a 12 week challenge of their own, it'd be fun to support each other!

Xo

2 comments:

  1. ooh good luck!!!

    i'm am lazy as hell too, i joined a gym in February and havent been once :|

    i bet you'll do great!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks doll!
      I was thinking about joining the Uni gym now I'm there again but the cheap option only lets you in at awkward times in the week and not on weekends(I'm forever making excuses!)

      I just hope I do as well as last time!

      xo

      Delete