Friday 14 September 2012

Hard as Nails

For someone trained in make-up, I rarely talk about cosmetics on here. But I've recently got a new nail varnish that is totally worth raving about, so here I go...

Maybelline Forever Strong Pro in 'Extreme Blackcurrant' (number 5) - photo below.

I bought this bottle because I saw it in the bargain bin section at Boots (always on the hunt for cheap things!) and needed a new dark varnish since all of mine (and there are many) have gone AWOL.

The reason I feel this is worthy of a post is that I am really rubbish at painting my right hand (and often my left hand to be honest) and this is, by far, the easiest nail varnish I have ever applied. The brush, and thickness of the nail varnish itself mean that even someone as cack-handed as me can apply it flawlessly in a couple of strokes.
Plus, it's immediately the colour that it shows in the bottle - it only needed two applications before it was perfect and it's so shiny I didn't even need a top coat (good job really since mine spilt everywhere when we moved house) - delicious!

It says that it lasts up to 7 days on the bottle, but I'm a serial nail picker so no nail varnish lasts that long with me. I'm going to try my best this time to see if this will live up to its claim...

I'm yet to try other shades from this range and still have no clue why it was in the bargain bin, but I'm on the look out and will post any updates!

That's all for now, byeee!



1 comment:

  1. That's a great color! Thanks for the heads up on this brand, I'm always looking for some nice nail polish!

    ReplyDelete