Friday 10 January 2014

Hello, Stranger

Gosh it's been a while...

I literally didn't make one blog post in 2013, so, a year and a bit on, I decided to pick up where I left off.

2013 was a strange one for me, I welcomed in the new year at home, in my pajamas, feeling very poorly. A few days later I was in hospital, diagnosed with gall stones, still very poorly! My health shaped the majority of my year, until I had my gallbladder removed at the end of September. To spare the gory details, your gall bladder plays a more important part to your health and digestion than one might think and it was only when I had problems with mine that I even became aware that it existed.

Due to all this gall bladder malarkey, I ended up having to freeze my MA studies, after finishing the first semester. I managed to write two essays while sick and on heavy medication (god knows how they even made sense) and achieved commendable grades for work written in such circumstances. Being the perfectionist that I am, I wasn't totally happy with the results but have the second half of the Masters to pull back - starting this month!

Despite the big pile of poop that was most of my 2013, a wonderful thing happened - I got a job with my favourite make-up brand, Illamasqua! I cried my face off when I was offered the job and now work with some of the most wonderful women I have ever met and welcomed in this new year with my boy, some lovely friends and champagne - a real treat after not drinking for most of the year due to the old GB.

I work in this delicious store!

Also, on a slightly more superficial note, those who may have read this post from nearly two years ago, will appreciate how happy I am that I now have green hair! I decided to make the change in August and haven't regretted it for a single second. I get lots of interest and questions about it (as well as some idiotic comments from ridiculous strangers, but swings and roundabouts) and even had a customer from work book in with my hairdresser to get the same thing which is quite flattering. Here it is in all its glory:


This year promises to be quite exciting - finishing my MA (finally), moving house with Miles in September (into the house of my DREAMS) and hopefully some fun adventures along the way.

No doubt my time will be taken up with work and studying, but I'd much rather be busy than bored and ill like I was last year! I'm hoping I can blog, even just a little bit, throughout the year - I feel like it helps me get some of the hundreds of thousands of thoughts out of my head and written down - and if just one person enjoys reading it, that's a plus!

More to come another time, but bye for now!
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment